Monday, December 04, 2006

Art old Veterans and new stuff






Hey all, sorry I've been absent for so long. You know how my attention span is:) So here are some samples of what I've been up to lately. A friend of a friend hooked me up with a lady that owns a rubber stamping company and I've been doing some work for her. Mostly just sending her stuff I already had in my computer at $35.00 a pop. Here are two samples of new stuff I did this week. Obviously her company is working a few months in advance, thus the subject matter.
For those of you who may not of heard, Dave Cockrum died two weeks ago this Saturday. For the uninitiated, Dave co created the New Uncanny X-Men along with Len Wein in 1976 and revitalized the franchise. Yes, he created Wolverine. You're welcome Marvel.
I met Mr. Cockrum twice in my years, once in New York in '90 where I actually attained a sketch from him for free ( Just a Night crawler BAMP!!) but he was nice enough to do it jokingly. I met him again in "02 in Louisville at a Toys and Miniatures convention. He was in a wheel chair and looked very sickly. My heart ached for him then and I got a little choked up on it when they mentioned his passing on Stern last week. Recognize.
I won't be absent so long next time. I promise.

2 Comments:

Blogger BDC said...

Those are sharp! There's money to be made in the corporate logo realm too.

I think you passed along a link to a story about Dave Cockrum's illness a while back. I wonder if corporate Marvel did anything for his family other than a card? Considering how they treated (and paid) Herb Trimpe I seriously doubt it.

11:20 AM  
Blogger C. W. Henry said...

Nice stuff Fyke, I like the shamrock. You should maybe think about marketing some of this stuff as Tattoo Flash art.

6:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home