Sunday, April 15, 2007

Dayton was Golden


Today was a pretty cool day for me. I went to a small comic show up in Dayton with two of my best friends. Guys day n' all that. But I finally got to meet my all time favorite comic book artist Michael Golden. He was very cordial and I finally got to ask him about fifty questions I've been wanting to ask for the last twenty five plus years. It was awesome. I felt like a little kid again. And it's been awhile since I've felt that pure level of joy. Comics... It always comes back to comics. No matter how much pain or disillusionment they ever caused me in the past... I still love them. I still come back.
The cute little hottie in the Wonder Woman costume was an added bonus for the day as well!!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger BDC said...

How exactly did they lure him to Dayton? Is he out promoting something?

11:33 AM  
Blogger wonny68 said...

He started doing these shows to promote his new trade paperback collection of Spartan. The Jackie Chan book.
He told me he was in negotiations with Marvel on a couple of projects and when I asked him if any one of them involved the Avengers he said he couldn't say, but for me to keep an eye on the comics news outlets, as I may be pleasantly surprised in the next couple of months.
On a side note... He told me the only reason he took the Avengers annual 10 job was so he could draw Cap, Ironman and Thor, but that all three were knocked out of the story three pages in, so the rest of the book was full of characters he really didn't know. :O)

12:52 PM  
Blogger C. W. Henry said...

Good Times! I just wish I would have had more cash to get some of my other stuff signed, but it was cool to get both copies of Issue 1 of the Nam signed. Thanks to Rod for digging those up for me! Personally I enjoyed the hottie waitress at BW's better!

6:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home